"superb treatment after mistreatment elsewhere.."

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Gateshead)

I attended the emergency care centre after a back injury re occurred on me, and i was blown away by the treatment i received, the receptionist was very quick and welcoming, the triage nurse was a little bit abrupt, but it can be expected in a busy a&e department, the doctor i saw was amazing. very understanding, listened to my concerns and took the time to explain their examinations to me as hthey were doing it, i was referred for an Xray to check my lower back, and was told the bad news that i had lumbar disc fracture/damage, and the doctor would like to refer me to orthopaedics for further investigations.

thankfully, the doctor reassured me than the injury would heal without surgical intervention but i would need the aforementioned ortho referral for further examination to double check everything, i also was advised to self refer for physio which i will first thing monday.

the doctor also gave me a prescription for some stronger pain killers, and was even nice enough to give me on request non opiate painkillers so i can continue with my life normally without worrying about drowsiness and remain at work and not have to take any unnecessary sick time.

overall, a superb department, which i would not hesitate to recommend to anyone for emergency care and i am very grateful for the respectful care i received.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Thank you for the feedback. It's really pleasing to hear such positive views from our patients, especially about a brand new department. We hope your back is on the mend and we will pass on your kind words to the A&E team.