"Always glad I'm coming to the centre but would like more choice of food"

About: Rosebank Resource Centre

(as a service user),

I look forward to coming to the day centre. I’ve been coming for over a year now, twice a week. I started with one day a week but I was quite lonely so wanted to come more often. After my husband died loneliness has been the worst thing.

I’m always glad on days I’m coming to the centre but I am fed up with soup and sandwiches. The food is always the same. We used to sometimes get fish and chips, this was a nice change, the caretaker would go and get it for us. Sometimes one of the staff makes a toastie but that’s off their own back.

Something I really liked recently at the centre was the Halloween party. It was great; there was music and nibbles and a quiz.

Response from Catriona Barr, Team Manager, Community Care - North Locality, East Ayrshire Health & Social Care Partnership

Dear toastie

Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feedback about your experience regarding attending the Day Centre. I am glad that you enjoy coming to the Day Centre and you particularly enjoyed the recent Halloween Party with the music, quiz and nibbles and it sounded like a really good fun party!.

I note that you would like more choices regarding the food provided at the Day Centre. If you don't mind I will discuss this with staff who will look at the possibility of changing the food offered and will include people who attend the Day Centre in these discussions.