About: Royal Derby Hospital

I was admitted for urgent m r angiography for short distance intermittent claudication.in left leg. After being I spent four nights on the ward and was ultimately discharged on the 25th of july 2o15 with no explanation when the 3 day procedure would take place. I did have a scan during this time but had already had one on my 1st appointment on Monday 13th July,my initial visit. I then had a letter from the Consulting General, Vascular Surgeon, which did not make any sense, but I waited and waited for an appointment to no avail. In desperation I phoned the secretary of the Consultant Vascular Surgeon who I had seen on my initial visit, and was admitted almost immediately. They were very sympathetic. The procedure was performed and I was discharged two days later. Would like some answers.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience and may I take this opportunity to offer you my apologies for the distress caused in respect of this matter.

I can confirm that we would be happy to investigate this incident for you, please contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Team (PALS) on 0800 783 7691 or by emailing dhft.Contactpals@nhs.net quoting 29815, so we can talk you through the complaints/investigations process.

Kind Regards,