"Hairmyres restaurant opening times"

About: Hairmyres Hospital

(as a service user),

My mother is very ill, she has terminal cancer and has an infection. We have been in the hospital 24/7 since last Sunday.

This morning we arrived to take over from my dad. We had checked the website and it said the restaurant was open from 8am - 7pm on a Sunday.

We arrive at 11am and we are told that it's closed. We are able to buy some cornflakes but couldn't eat them as the whole kitchen area was being closed at a strange 11:22.

There was no evidence of any food being available, except for the breakfast that the member of kitchen staff was eating.

Pretty rubbish and very misleading.

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire We are preparing to make a change

Dear Kikicee

I am so sorry to hear that you were unable to buy food when you were in the hospital. It's clear that this would have been an added pressure that you certainly did not need, at what is clearly a very difficult time for your family.

Since reading your post, I have looked on the website and you are absolutely right; the website is wrong.

We changed the opening times of the restaurant several months ago and although we had requested at the time that the website be updated, this obviously did not happen. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I have asked again that the website is updated urgently.

Just for information, although the restaurant now shuts earlier, the coffee shop opens half an hour later so that there is food available to both staff and visitors.

Many Thanks

Susan

Response from Rick Edwards, Patient Information & Experience Manager, Patient Affairs, NHS Lanarkshire We have made a change

Dear Kikicee,

We realise the importance of providing good, clear information for our patients, but that applies equally for the public, relatives and visitors coming to our hospitals.

I can only apologise for the frustration and inconvenience you experienced.

The NHS Lanarkshire website has now been updated to reflect current opening times as a result of your feedback.

Update posted by Kikicee (a service user)

Hi,

Just to let you know that the information has been updated on one of the website pages but it's still incorrect here http://www.nhslanarkshire.org.uk/Hospitals/Hairmyres/VisitorInfo/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks Kikicee,

I've passed your feedback onto the Communications Team who'll make sure that part of the website is updated as well.