"administering angles on A M U"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

having been admitted unconscious on 21 October 2015, i would like to say a huge thank you to all staff who were involved in my care. One week later all my physical problems had been treated and identified. My family were kept informed of my progress both by the answering of their phone calls and in person by the doctors and nurses.All staff were extremely busy but all of my needs were met right down to being given Black coffee and it not being taken away until the cup was empty which often took me 2 hours to drink as I like it cold!

I have to have an operation when I am stronger, and will hopefully have it done at Pilgrim.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Pat,

Thank you for your kind comments. I hope that you are recovering well. I will ensure that you words of thanks are passed on to all of the team. It will make their day.

Best Wishes,

Michael Brunton

Matron Emergency Care - Pilgrim Hospital

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Pat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am glad that even the little things were seen to, particularly as I too am a black coffee lover.

It is very considerate and kind of you to thank us for that when you have been so unwell. I’m glad to hear that you are on the mend and I shall let your ‘administering angels’ know of your road to recovery and thoughtful kind words.

When we are so busy, as you stated, it is always a real boost to know when our patients feel we’re doing our job well – so your words will be very much appreciated by all!

Wishing you the strength for your operation and a speedy recovery afterwards.

Bernice Holt