"How a department should be run"

About: Heavitree Hospital

The NHS is on the end of a massive attack by the media for it's lack of care to patients, among other things, but not at Heavitree Hospital Exeter.

Yesterday I had to take my 99 year old mother for a consultation and subsequent procedure for a BCC. Apart from a slight extended delay to see the consultant which, a junior medical student kept apologising for, it was all systems go. The consultant doctor obviously twisted a few arms so mother could have the procedure the same day. Originally scheduled for a 2.30 time slot we were on the way to find some lunch when one of the team rushed after us a said it could be done there and then. Time 12.15. by 1.15 I was able to take her home!

From start to finish a friendly, efficient and caring team. On her behalf 'Thank you'

Response from Heavitree Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share yours and your mother's experience of the Dermatology Department at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Heavitree).

I am delighted to hear that you and your mother are so happy with the care and treatment she received.

I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback.

Kind comments such as yours are always gratefully received.

I do hope your mother is making a good recovery from her procedure.