"Efficient treatment and kind staff"

About: Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital / Cardiology University Hospital Aintree / Cardiology

I was a patient in July 09 in the Heart assessment unit (HAC) in Fazakerly Hospital. Then I was transferred to the Heart & Chest Hospital (Broadgreen). Although I was worried about the prognosis and scared I needn’t have been, the treatments at both these hospitals were very efficient and staff were kind. My one and only concern when in hospital is infection and I think a lot of this problem is caused by staff, be it medical or domestic using public transport, walking doing their shopping and smoking outside the hospitals with their uniforms on. I have always had this fear of infection because my husband died of MRSA a few years back, which was caught in hospital. Could you not go back to the days when staff changed their uniforms before going out in the public sector.

Response from NHS Knowsley

Dear Pounds 871,

Thank you for your comments. On behalf of the Heart Assessment Unit I wish to extend our grateful thanks to you for taking the time to record such positive comments. I will ensure that these are shared with the staff as I know the they will appreciate it.

The PALS departments and either hospital would be happy to discuss your comment raised in relation to staff uniforms and can be contacted as follows:

PALS Department Aintree Hospital - 0151 529 3287