"Desk makes appoints have poor access"

About: Nottingham North & East

When I enter the park house establishment for a blood test or my diabetic eye test. I enter a clinic room. This has a desk in the inner waiting area. I haven’t seen this occupied during any of my visits in the last year or more. I find this unoccupied desk causing problems within my wheelchair. I risk trapping other patients feet as I attempt to get through to see the appropriate member of staff, can this desk be moved to a more convenient position to enable me to get through for my tests without injuring others?

Response from Deborah Hall, Patient Experience Manager, Nursing, Quality and Patient Experience, Health Partnerships

Dear Junction486

Thank you for your valuable comments I can confirm that we have looked at the issue you have raised with regards to the Waiting Area / Desk in Outpatients 1. at Park House Health & Social Care Centre, unfortunately the desk is fixed to the wall so we are not able to move it, We have however looked at the seating and agree the chairs on the left hand side are placed too near to the desk. We have therefore moved the chairs and put up a sign to keep clear of chairs so hopefully you and other patients will not have any problems with access in the future.

Should you wish to discuss this further or have difficulties in the future please do not hesitate to contact me on 01623 673849

Deborah