"Happy with treatment"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

This story has been posted by Healthwatch Tameside on behalf of a member of the public. We have their details and will forward any comments to them. They said…

I had a knee replacement on the elective orthopaedic ward at Tameside Hospital. The hospital arranged the follow-up aids and adaptations – perching stool, added height on toilet. I went to physio as an outpatient – all this was great.

Then in May last year I had a stroke. I was taken to Stepping Hill and transferred back to Tameside Hospital. I had no complaints. The physio and occupational health came a few times a week for 7 weeks, which was great. No complaints at all.

Occupational health did a full survey of my house – chairs, bathroom, beds.

Response from Helen Howard, Head of Patient Experience, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your response and taking the time to write. We are pleased your stay with us was a positive one. It’s great to receive such good feedback. Thank you again for sharing this with us. Please be assured we will pass information onto the team concerned.