"Emergency admission for a UTI"

About: Borders General Hospital / Accident & Emergency Borders General Hospital / Urology

My husband had an UTI and developed sepsis on a Wednesday afternoon at home. Our local surgery was closed for training and so I called 111. The service was reassuring and fast. An ambulance came in about 8 minutes and the A&E staff at BGH were without doubt the calm professionals you most want to meet. Throughout his 5 day stay all the Doctors and Nurses on Wards 10 and 12 looked after him really well and I would be grateful if you would pass on his thank you. Not meaning to be flippant but if anyone likes porridge then BGH is the place to go, our compliments to the chef.

Response from Susan Cowe, NHS Borders

Dear Solo, I am pleased to hear about your good experiences at the BGH and will make sure your comments are passed on to our staff. I know that they will be also be pleased that you have taken the time to let us know about the excellent care and service they provided to you and your husband. I hope he is recovering from his recent illness.

• Solo thinks this response is helpful