"Terrible experience at New Victoria Hospital"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Out-of-hours GP service NHS 24

I attended the out of hours clinic at the New Victoria Hospital last night after having been referred by NHS 24. I was treated horrendously with utter disrespect. I was laughed at and felt ridiculed and judged because of my personal life choices. I left the hospital in floods of tears. I would like to find out the name of the doctor I saw so I can put in an official complaint. I am absolutely disappointed, you should never feel humiliated by a medical professional.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Emz44

Thank you for sharing your experience and I was sorry to read the content of your story and of how you felt following your visit to the Out of Hours Centre.

NHS 24 were tagged in your story as you mentioned contact with us. I do hope that your experience of NHS 24 was a positive one as patient safety and a positive patient experience are our top priorities.

I am sure my colleagues within NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde will wish to explore your feedback further.

Should you wish to provide any specific feedback concerning NHS 24, I would be pleased to hear from you. I can be contacted on 0141 337 4582 or by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

I do wish you well.

With kind regards

Shona Lawrence

Patient Affairs Manager

Dear Emz44,

You are right when you say that no patient should feel humiliated by a health professional and we would never expect a patient to leave our care upset because of actions by our staff.

My email address is lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk - I would appreciate if you could get in touch with a few more of your personal details so that I can look into this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Kind Regards,