"Poor Service"

About: Good Hope Hospital

What a shambles!

We tried in vain to call for information in order to ascertain the whereabouts of my mother-in-law. In a total of 2 hours hanging on the telephone, no-one answered. We set off for the 45minute drive, only to be told on arrival that my mother-in-law was in the discharge lounge. The lift was not working properly, and the stairs were unlit. We were told, when we eventually got to the lounge, that she had never been there at all, but had, in fact, been collected directly from the ward. Staff were totally disinterested and generally unhelpful. The atmosphere for the concerned visitor was thoroughly unwelcoming. A smile would have been nice!

This is our 2nd bad experience at the hospital this year.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your post regarding Good Hope Hospital and your Mother In Law's discharge.

I am very sorry to read that you encountered difficulties, delays and generally poor communication.

I would like to highlight your issues to the appropriate Ward Manager and Matron, so that your experience can be discussed with the staff that were on duty, but require more information to enable me to do this.

marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk.

I do hope this is acceptable and once again I am sorry that you had a poor experience. It is most appreciated that you have brought this to our attention and I look forward to speaking with you directly.

Marie Helebert

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Dear Anonymous

Can I please ask you to contact me at your convenience on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk.

Marie Helebert