"Mother admitted for overdose"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

My mother was rushed in following a paracetamol overdose to Leicester Royal's A & E. She was seen and treated promptly. They listened to my opinions / knowledge about what had happened. She was then swiftly started on the correct medication. She was quickly transfered to MAU 15, where the nurse looked after her very well. She was soon over the danger period and because of her good treatment survived with no consequences, and discharged in a reasonably timely manner.

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Responses

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

We are pleased to hear how well you mother was cared for recently by our team in A&E. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with the relevant team.

Kind regards,

Communications team,

Leicester's Hospitals

  • {{helpful}} of {{total()}} people think this response is helpful