"Excellent Care at Minor Injury Unit"

I went to the Minor Injury Unit (MIU) at Accrington Victoria Hospital last night. The hospital was clean and departments were well sign posted. Every member of staff I came into contact with smiled and acknowledged me. The receptionist at MIU was very friendly and professional and I was triaged within minutes, seen by a nurse, had 3 x-rays and then was seen again to review the x-ray all within an hour. Members of staff that treated me, greeted me by telling me their name and job title and at all times through my visit my treatment was explained to me. I am very impressed with the caring, professional and efficient staff within the MIU and X-ray department. A smile goes a long way, thank you :)

Response from Accrington Victoria Hospital

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your visit to the Minor Injuries Unit at Accrington Victoria Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is a pleasure to receive such lovely feedback about the care and treatment provided and I will make sure your comments are passed onto the teams who will be delighted to hear that your experience was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

We are really keen to hear about your experience and what made it so positive for you so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services.

If you would like to share your story with us please contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on Melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Melissa Almond, Patient Experience Facilitator