"The consultant"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I was assessed by the Consultant Rheumatologist, recently and cannot thank them enough for the way in which they treated me.

They were thoughtful, understanding, friendly, knowledgeable and, I know it's a cliche, but they really did seem to care.

They understood the way I was feeling, listened thoroughly to what I needed to say, asked appropriate questions and, together, we formulated an action plan.

They were positive about the support I could be offered from many related departments and, therefore, so am I.

I felt, 'lighter', as I left the department and ready to work with the other professionals to manage this condition.

Thank you.

I consider myself very lucky to be under the care of the consultant.

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Chrissie

It was so good to read your lovely comments this morning about your recent visit. I would really like to share them directly with your consultant as I am sure they would greatly appreciate your very kinds words. I would be grateful if you could drop me an email - sharon.kidd@ulh.nhs.uk with their name and I will then personally forward your comments to them.

Regards

Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience Manager

Dear Chrissie

Thank you so much for emailing me. Just to let you know that I have just passed your lovely comments to Dr Joshi, Consultant Rheumatologist.

Regards