"The treatment has been second to none"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Accident & Emergency Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

Collision between a car and a bus. My Mother in Law was a passenger on the bus and went through the windscreen and landed on the grass verge with part of the bus on top of her.

She sustained serious head injuries and was evacuated by helicopter to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Glasgow. Thanks to the excellent care and attention by paramedics, ambulance crew etc, Mum in Law is now well on the road to recovery.

The treatment she received from initial response, evacuation and once at the hospital has been second to none. We cannot thank you all enough for your contribution in what could have been a far worse outcome than it is.

Dear spioradsaor,

My goodness, what a scary experience, I can't imagine what your Mother in Law and the rest of you as her family must have been going through! I am so glad that she is on her way to full recovery and really appreciate you making the effort during this time to come on to leave such lovely feedback. It's definitely a testament to all of the people involved in her care - from the Scottish Ambulance Service crew responding to such an accident and the team in the Emergency Department. I will ensure your comments are passed on to them.

I wish your Mother in Law well with the rest of her recovery and hope it is a speedy return to usual for her.

Best Wishes,

Lorna

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear spioradsaor

I would like to echo Lorna’s thoughts. This must be an extremely difficult time for your mother in law and all of the family and I really appreciate you taking the time to provide such positive feedback.

I am so pleased to hear that your mother in law is making a good recovery and was also pleased to read about the care that she received from everyone involved. For patients who have experienced major trauma, it is vital that they receive high quality prehospital care and are promptly conveyed to an appropriate hospital. Along with our other NHS partners, we are working hard to ensure this happens and so it is pleasing to hear that it worked well for your mother in law. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the staff concerned.

On behalf of the Scottish Ambulance Service, please pass on my best wishes to your mother in law

Thank you so much for sharing this story

Take care