"5 1/2hour wait in a&e"

About: Western Eye Hospital

I was told to go to the western eye hospital by my GP if my eye problem did not improve. Medical staff I.e the triage nurse and the doctor who did my examination were superb but although I expected a long wait 5 1/2hours is unacceptable. No indication /communication was given as to how long we would have to wait and then at 9 pm we were all moved from the a&e waiting area to the second floor waiting area.

I do realise that more serious cases take priority and on a Saturday night there is limited staffing. From my observation,your reception / nursing staff could do with some training in people and communication skills to be more considerate and Understanding of patients anxieties.

Response from Western Eye Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is happy to hear that you received superb care from the triage nurse and doctor at the Western Eye hospital via A&E.

We are concerned about your feedback to do with wait times, lack of communication and customer care.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) would like the opportunity to look into your comments.

Please contact PALS on 0203 313 0088 or email on pals@imperial.nhs.uk.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience in this unit on Saturday.