"At all times I felt included and involved"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Spinal injuries unit

After an accident a quite complex operation was performed on me to stabilise my neck.

The communication with the surgeon was very good. He took the time to assess my lifestyle and gauge what was the best approach for me as an individual going to great pains to explain the risks. Post operation he also made a lot of time to discuss the outcome and recovery.

Communication between him and the ward staff was also good and the nursing and auxilliary staff were very friendly and entertaining while at the same time totally professional. At all times I felt included and involved.

Dear CIC2break,

I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about this experience - so many of the things you have said here represent the values that we try to put into practice every day, and so it is fantastic to get some feedback about this working in reality for our patients and to see what a difference it actually makes to them. Ensuring that you were involved at every stage and really taking into account you as a person is the type of standard we aspire to for every patient in every interaction with healthcare staff.

I will pass on your kind words to the Spinal Injuries team who I'm sure will be really pleased to hear from you.

Thank you again, and all the best with your continued recovery.

Lorna