"Ambulance waiting time"
About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / NHS 111 South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust NHS 111 Exeter EX2 7HY Southmead Hospital Southmead Hospital Bristol BS10 5NB
Posted by Methane Man (as ),
Rang 111 for advice as I started bleeding from my dressed and packed wound from surgery earlier in the day.
01. 30 - 111 on explanation said an ambulance was on its way and told my wife to turn all the lights on, put the dog away and stand outside to direct them.
03. 00 - rang 111 again as no ambulance had arrived, they said one was being despatched and will be with us shortly.
05. 00 - resorted to ring 999 who sent a fast response car who arrived at 05. 20.
07. 00 - ambulance arrived to take me to southmead hospital.
6. 5hrs to wait for an ambulance, not a good service.