"Thanks again for the support"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (County)

I posted very recently (in the last 2 days), wondering why I couldn't get any medication for my sleep from either my community mental health team or the county crisis team. I have been quite distressed at the thought of having more sleepless nights as it affects my mood and anxiety levels (I have Schizoaffective Disorder). I didn't think I was going to be able to get anything to help my insomnia.

However, I spoke to a lovely lady called Gwenyth yesterday, from county crisis team and she spoke to me for a while and asked about my mood, some minor hallucinations, and my behaviour before seeking advice from their duty doctor. Fortunately, I was able to pick up some tranquilisers from Highbury Hospital yesterday. I can gladly say that lastnight I slept for10 hours! I didn't wake once.

Thank you so much to Gwenyth from county crisis team for helping me out.

Also, I had contacted Jane (Involvement centre at Duncan Macmillan House). She replied to me a few times and gave me someone to chat to out of hours. Thank you very much Jane for your compassion. It is true what you said about "just knowing someone is there".

I see my cpn from Manor Road very early Monday morning and I will be asking for more medication. Hopefully next week there will be a Dr there who can prescribe me some.

Thanks again for the support Gwenyth and Jane.

Response from Tim Constable, Service Manager, Adult Mental Health, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Ali21

It is good to read about your positive experience of help and that you were able to get some quality sleep,

Take care

• Ali12 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Jonathan Wright, Involvement Centre Manager , Involvement Team, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I'm please to hear that you managed to gain a range of support across the Trust, and especially pleased to hear how supportive Jane Danforth from the Involvement Team was.

Take care, and thanks for taking the time to post!

• Ali12 thinks this response is helpful