"Breast and Women's Health Units"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

The period of time between routine mammogram to diagnosis, surgery and hospital stay was only a matter of weeks and the experience was of a wel-oiled machine helping me through the entire process.

The Breast Care Unit have been superb in supporting me through a terrifying time and I cannot praise them enough.

Post-operatively a short stay in Critical Care followed by my stay on the Women's Health Unit was longer than I had expected. The care was excellent and my only complaint would be to do with the fact that my room was too warm! Although they were extremely busy at times all of the staff ensured that I was well looked after and kept informed of my progress. A few kind words go a long way, even if it is just someone popping their head in to say "hello". .

I think I experienced care and compassion at its best. Thank you

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments and I will ensure they are shared with all of the departments. I hope that you are continuing to recover following your surgery and I wish you well for the future.

Response from Peterborough City Hospital