"Wisdom Tooth removal...with ease."

About: Newcastle Dental Hospital

I had the same thoughts as i think most people do when they make the decision to go to hospital without an appointment- "How long is this going to take?!

I'm going to be here all day!" Well this was not the case at all. I got to the Dental hospital around 7:45 for the reception to open at 8. I was giving the number 6 ticket so thought i may be seen within 2-3 hours. 8:45 patients were being called and i was called at 9AM to see someone. They were very friendly and did the necessary checks, talking me through my options and i was sent for an X-Ray. This was done in around 20 minutes and i was back waiting at the main reception for what must have been about 10-15 minutes, so i was pretty happy with how efficiently i was being dealt with. I was given two options of either leaving the tooth as it was (which was becoming infected) or the more favourable (unless you’re not a fan of dentist) and that was to have it removed. Of course i took up the latter as i like eating food, so chewing was something i was rather keen on getting back too! They sent me off to Oral Surgery and only waited 10-15minutes before i was seen to by a lovely dentist. They explained to me the procedure and made sure i was happy with everything and comfortable throughout. The extraction itself took no more than 5 minutes and was completely pain-free. Aftercare was given to me and I thanked them for their help and wished them the best. I can’t recommend this highly enough to anyone suffering from toothache as there is nothing worse, especially if you’ve been told the waiting list could be 1-2 months for a referral by your regular dentist. I hope this helps anyone that is considering making the early morning trip and trust me-you’ll be glad you did.

Response from Newcastle Dental Hospital

Thank you for leaving positive feedback regarding your recent unplanned attendance at the Dental Hospital. We are pleased that your extraction progressed uneventfully and in a timely manner and have conveyed your appreciation to the staff involved on the day who are encouraged by your kind words.