"Pregnant told I need anti notices via my doctors"

About: Newham General Hospital

My doctors called me today to pick up a prescription I am 10 weeks pregnant. I asked what is the prescription for they said we dont know Newham hospital maternity faxed it to them. I was shocked and angry. It took me 20 minutes to speak to someone to find out I had an infection that they had known about for a week. The midwife I spoke to was rude and said someone tried to call I said you haven't they then admitted they hadn't! I also went to z12 for check in two weeks ago I found all the staff rude/bad tempered. I am dreading having my baby in this hospital!

Response from Newham General Hospital

Dear Lorraine

We are sorry to read that you were told about your prescription and your infection via your GP and not by us. This must have been very confusing for you. Please accept our apologies for this.

We would like to discuss your concerns with you in more detail and identify any areas of our care that we can improve. We hope that this will help towards reassuring you for when you come to have your baby here. Please contact Pearl Kowlessar-Manoo, Midwifery Manager for Low Risk Care direct on 020 7055 5526 or at Pearl.kowlessar-manoo2@bartshealth.nhs.uk

We look forward to hearing from you.

Barts Health NHS Trust