"Not enough time"

About: University Hospital (Coventry)

Having recently been diagnosed with Diabetes 2, I attended a one to one with a dietician at Newfield House. Whilst the dietician was very nice on entering the room I was told I had twenty minutes. In between several stages they checked their clock. I thought this was inappropriate and didn't give me enough time to ask more about diabetes.

I declined a follow up appointment. I don't want to go and have everything time checked. I will read about it myself and look for information on the Internet.

Response from University Hospital (Coventry)

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience.

We understand your frustrations as it must be irritating if a member of staff is checking their clock, we expect our staff to be dedicated and focussed at all times. We would encourage you to get in touch on the details below so we can improve this.

If you would like to discuss aspects of your care further then please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203.

If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: - PALS University Hospital Clifford Bridge Road Coventry

CV2 2DX

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Communications Team

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust Telephone 0800 028 4203