"Medical High Dependancy WArd"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Medicine

During mums last days, she was cared for by the wonderful staff at Wishaw General Medical High Dependency unit. I have nothing but praise for the way they treated mum and all of her family as we sat with her. Everyone from Carol (Sister) through to Anne the domestic were totally caring in their attitude, looking after mum and speaking gently to her even when she reached the stage that she couldn't hear them. Their thoughtfulness and obvious caring natures shone through, and in a time where its seems fashionable to beat up on the NHS, this group of people shone through. They deserve a medal for what they do! !

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear stuartmc

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care your mother received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital within our Medical High Dependency Unit. Please accept my sincere sympathy to you and your family on the passing of your mother.

Your very positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the staff in the Unit, who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard, as well as being compassionate to the families of our patients. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback and particularly those you have personally named.

Thank you once again and best wishes to you and your family

Regards

Faith

• stuartmc thinks this response is helpful