"Osteoporosis scan - efficient, speedy and..."

About: Torbay Hospital

I was seen on time by a friendly nurse who took my height and weight before showing me into see the Charge Nurse.

They talked me through the procedure in a most professional/confident manner, with a smile on their face throughout.

I felt relaxed and assured that they had taken everything into consideration at all times, regarding my personal safety and welfare.

Following the scan they went through with me my results; which would be shown to the consultant.

They patiently explained the results using the visuals and comparison graphs.

They went on to suggest strategies of management that my GP may suggest following the receipt of the Consultants's letter. In addition, I was issued with your Osteoporosis booklet, highlighting dietary sources of calcium.

I'm sure it goes without saying what an asset the Charge Nurse is to this department. I would hope you will pass on this review to him and thank him for all his kindness to myself. Thank you.

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments. Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned.

Kind regards Torbay & South Devon NHS Foundation Trust.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Patient

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments.

Patient Services