"Good treatment in GPEAU and A&E recently"

About: Southport & Formby District General Hospital

In recent weeks I have had two visits to this hospital as a patient. During both I was treated with courtesy and respect.

First visit was on 30/09/15, to the GPEAU, where I spent over 5 hours. I was sent to other departments during this time, for various tests/examinations. The only negative aspect was that in that time, I had no food or drink. At first this was necessary because I might have needed surgery, but once they had decided I did not, a cup of tea and perhaps toast would have been most acceptable. As it was, I felt a little lightheaded making my way out of the hospital, because I hadn't eaten since 8am.

On 08/10/15 I attended A&E with related problems. Again, I spent about 5 hours there, but I was treated well both in that department and to others I was sent to, for test etc. I was allowed home after treatment with medication. I have a follow-up examination as an out-patient next month.

Response from Southport & Formby District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the quality of care you received, from the staff in A&E and on GPAU.

It is most appreciated.