"Service at Southend Hospital"

About: Southend Hospital

I was unfortunate enough to need the services of your hospital today. Having spent a night in considerable pain believing it would go away. The pain and now fear became to much at 5am. My wife drove me to A&E and I have to be honest I was in a lot of pain and very scared. The staff responded quickly, politely and above all professionally. I received quick attention and most importantly of all quick and effictive pain relief. We were kept informed of what was planned for me and it happened quickly and efficiently. The A&E staff, the Porters, the CT scanning team, the staff of Chalkwell Ward and the Urology surgical team, all showed amazing compassion and professionalism not only for my wife and myself but also other patients around us.

I hope not to need your services again but if I or my family do, I feel confident we will be well treated. Thank You.

Response from Southend Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post relating to your visit to A&E and also the other services mentioned in your comment.

It is excellent to hear such feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to contact us. I will ensure this is sent to all relevant areas and is passed for staff to see.

Wishing you well for the future.

Louise McIver Patient Involvement Team