"A & E"

About: Colchester General Hospital

I visited A&E department after receiving an injury at work , I had an X Ray and I think they said I had a fracture to my thumb and a rupture but I an very unclear about this. I am a type 1 diabetic and unable to inject without help as I am left handed and it is my left thumb. I was told that I needed to see a rupture specialist and they would phone on Monday and see me by the latest on Wednesday as this was an emergency but nobody rang me. When I revisited A&E, I was treated like an absolute pest and the person dealing with me was very rude . It is now Wednesday and I still have received no call and am in immense pain. This department is rude and unprofessional and I am considering going to another hospital due to severe pain. This is a disgusting way to treat patients.

Response from Colchester General Hospital

I am extremely sorry that you have had such a poor experience of our Emergency Department (A&E).

I would like to ask a colleague to look into the important matters you raise, including the lack of a phone call.

Therefore, could you please email info@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk with your name, address, date of birth and a daytime phone number and say it is relation to a comment about A&E posted onto the NHS Choices website on 28 October. Thank you.

Mark Prentice, Head of External Relations