"Hospital admission"

About: London Ambulance Service NHS Trust University College Hospital / Accident and emergency

After calling NHS111, a paramedic arrived and I was swiftly blue-lighted to UCH by a wonderful team of paramedics. I can't fault any of the staff in A&E, the doctors were attentive, the nurses were wonderful, even the porters were great. One thing of note was that there was a really loud 'alarm' constantly going off, and nobody seemed to be able to stop it. I couldn't bear it for the short time I was there, so I don't know how the staff coped with it all day!

AMU (T1) was a totally different story. There were overworked nurses trying to deal with some very ill patients, especially during the night. Lack of communication between staff resulted in a lack of medication or late medication. This was my second visit to this ward, and compared to the last time, (which was disastrous) this visit wasn't too bad.

Many thanks to Dr. Gaston, Ilona and Tom, not forgetting Michael from the pharmacy. Please pass very special thanks to Buki (sp? Bookie? ) who kept me sane during difficult times.

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received whilst you were a patient in A&E but are sorry to hear that your experience on AMU was not as good and we will feed your comments back to the teams.

If you would like to discuss this further you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3447 3042