"BMI takes 3 months to repay an overcharge for treatment!"

About: BMI Healthcare

I had a biopsy done for skin cancer and was overcharged £93 by BMI. Not a lot you might think but it obviously was for BMI. It took them 3 months to repay me and involved 2 letters and 2 emails from my consultant, 2 emails to their Patient Query line, 2 attempted emails to their Patient Query team (these were not received as they gave me an incorrect email address) and one further email to a BMI employee. Oh, and I was told when I first contacted them about this overcharge that; the systems were down and could I contact them again in 4 days time! To top it all they, allegedly, sent a cheque to my home address which was returned to them as address unknow’. How surprising, as each of their invoices and the credit note had unerringly found their target!

Response from BMI Healthcare Ltd We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to see that you had to wait for your refund. I'm really keen to find out which hospital you were dealing with as I would very much like to discuss your story with the Executive Director and get back to you.

BMI Healthcare

Update posted by Disgruntled customer (the patient)

The hospital I dealt with was the QEH in kings lynn