"I had surgery at Hexham Hospital. ..."

About: Hexham General Hospital

I had surgery at Hexham Hospital. I choose to go to Hexham because I'd had a dreadful experience at another hospital and several people has independently expressed confidence in Hexham.

I really have to say that everything that was bad and wrong with the other hospital was correct, proper and good with Hexham, from start to finish everything was correct.

Everyone from the cafe staff, reception staff, and ward staff were pleasant, helpful and efficient.

The consultant was excellent, gave a good, clear helpful and informative consultant. My procedure was performed exactly as described and my aftercare on ward 3 was superb. Its the simple things that make the difference. Even the domestic staff played their part, my bathroom was checked regularly and there was always soap and towels. the pharmacy lady brought my discharge medicine promptly and with courtesy.

I got the impression that everyone I encountered was really trying to make their little bit of the NHS work properly, all credit to them.

Response from Hexham General Hospital

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS choices website regarding the care afforded to you at Hexham General Hospital. It was very kind of you to write and complement the staff. Thank you for taking the time to write.