"Neurology Department"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

I have today attended the clinic with my daughter for her check up.

It didnt start well as our appointment letter said go to Geoffrey Hodges Building and when we arrived and went upstairs no one was there, no notices any were to be seen nothing.

We had to look for someone to ask where the neurology department was and no one could help so had to go over to main hospital building to find out the department had moved 5 months ago.

No one told us.

The nursing staff in the department were very nice.

Shame about the consultant my daughter saw, they didnt know what my daughter was there for, what medication she was on this doesnt give you a lot of faith in the doctor !

They certainly isnt anything like our usual doctor who was really nice kind and understanding and very good at their job and always had time for their patients and if you asked them a question they could always give you an answer.

This consultant is rude, has no time for the patients and obviously dosesnt read patients notes.

I wont recommend this department at Burton Hospital to anyone.

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Dear Reviewer

We are extremely sorry to read of the difficulties that you experienced when attending a Neurology outpatient appointment with your daughter.

If you would like us look into this further then please contact the PALS office to provide us with more details.

We are available on 01283 593110 between the hours of 9.00am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday.

In the meantime, we will share your comments with the senior management team for this service.

If you would like any assistance with any future appointments, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Many thanks