"Excellent support for my parents"

About: Tolworth Hospital / Memory clinic

(as a carer),

Both my parents with dementia had referrals to Dr Davidson who was very supportive and informative. Her calm and understanding manner was very reassuring to me and my parents under difficult circumstances.

My dad was later transferred into the care of Neil, the nurse. He made my dad feel at ease and listened to, which was very important to him. The care from all the staff has been excellent.

Their support has been invaluable to me as carer for my parents, it is a shame that dad has now had to be transferred to his GP as he is stable. In my experience GP's struggle to support dementia patients.

Response from Jane Healey, Patient Experience Lead, Governance, South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust

Dear AMC1,

My name is Jane and I am one of the Patient Experience Leads for the Trust. Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I will ensure that this is passed onto the team and to the staff members you have mentioned.

I am sorry to learn of your concern about your dads care being transferred to back to his GP and I will also pass this onto the team for their information.

Once again, many thanks for sharing your thoughts and I would like to wish you and both your parents well.

jane

Response from Tolworth Hospital

Dear AMC1,

Kind regards jane