"We get a good laugh at the centre"

About: Auchinleck Community and Resource Centre

(as a service user),

I started coming to the centre this year. I didn’t enjoy my first day as I didn’t know anyone but I got to like it. After a while they asked if I wanted a 2nd day and as I knew a few people by then I asked to come on days that they came. I now come 2 days although I still prefer my Friday.

I do enjoy it, I enjoy everything. We get a good laugh.

The quizzes are good fun although the word wheel is quite challenging, trying to think of all the words.

The meals are nice.

The staff are wonderful – they are helpful, they can make you laugh, they certainly can. It’s the same person that comes to get me from my house each week, I really like this.

I enjoy the company because I’m usually just home myself.

Recently I was involved in the interview process for new members of staff at the centre. We met the candidates and could ask questions or just listen to the conversation. The girl I wanted got the job so I’m quite pleased.

Response from Annemargaret Black, East Ayrshire Council (Public Interest Body)

Dear Marigolds

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your very positive feedback about Auchinleck Day services. I will pass your comments onto staff that work there and their managers. I am sure that staff will appreciate the feedback and that it will reinforce the excellent work they do to support people that need the service.

I am also delighted to hear that you have been taking part in the interview process. It is really important that we recruit staff with the appropriate values so I am pleased that you are satisfied with the outcome.

Annemargaret Black