"You could not have done more to support u"

About: East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

My mother was taken to A&E by very professional, kind & caring Paramedics. After a short wait they handed her over to lovely kind & caring nursing staff. Once she was checked in she was seen by a lovely doctor who then sent her to the X-ray department, again this was a kind & caring experience. It was decided that my mother could not possibly go home but didn't need to stay in hospital. The AIR Team became involved & within a short time they arranged for her to be taken into a care home for respite care. Well done to all involved! Both my mother & myself feel you could not have done more to support us during what appeared to be a very busy time. Thank you.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear polarbear,

Thank you for these lovely comments regarding your recent visit to A&E. I know the teams you have mentioned will be pleased to hear that you and your mother were supported by the staff, please be assured I will forward these comments to all concerned.

Karen Hansord – A&E Sister

Response from Rebekah Marong, Communications & Engagement Support Officer, Communications and Engagement, East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Dear polarbear,

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your mother’s experience with us.

I’m glad that our crew were able to make both you and your mother feel at ease and cared for. I’m especially pleased that, although they were friendly, you also noted that they were able to remain professional throughout.

If you are able, we would appreciate you sharing your comments with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) team, with as much detail as you can (e.g. date, time and location), so that they might identify the crew that cared for your mother and share your words with them. You may contact them via telephone on 0333 012 4216 or email PALS.Office@emas.nhs.uk.

I wish your mother a sound recovery.

Best wishes,

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear polarbear,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experiences within our department. It is wonderful to hear that your family's experience was so positive and that we thank you for such kind praise.

I will ensure that all the staff involved with your Mother’s care are commended for this.

Many Thanks