"So helpful and dedicated"

About: Ipswich Hospital / Clinical oncology

Long story short! ! I diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of June. My lumpectomy was done privately with Miss Mortimer. My radiotherapy comprised 18 sessions at Ipswich and my chemotherapy is being done in Aldeburgh by the Outreach team.

I'm glad it wasn't possible to have radio privately. I would never have met the caring and supportive team at Ipswich. I then chose to stay with the NHS for chemo.

The gratitude I have for the care and support these people give is beyond words. Miss Mortimer is exceptional, Dr Sherwin is so caring, the radio team, Lisa and Rachel and the Outreach nurses who are still putting up with me are so dedicated.

I have also had to have some treatment with A&E over this period due to an infected insect bite. Carl who works there helped each day with the intravenous antibiotics. He was just doing his job but the way he cared for me and talked to me was so helpful at such a difficult time.

Response from Dominic Mundy, Patient and Carer Experience Manager, Clinical Directorate, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Good afternoon Molly,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time out of your day to leave such lovely feedback about the care that you have recieved here at Ipswich Hospital.

I will be sure to share your story with each of the indivisuals and temas that you have mentioned, they will all be absolutely delighted to have heard from you.

I couldnt be more pleased, we take great pride in the care we offer here at Ipswich Hospital and we are all thrilled that you chose to stay with us.

Many thanks again for your time.

Dom

Response from Ipswich Hospital

Dear Miss Molly,

Thank you so very much for this feedback which will mean an immense amount to all of the colleagues you have mentioned and the teams. We are very proud of the teams you have mentioned and will make absolutely sure that everyone has the opportuinity to know of your praise.

Every good wish for the future.

My very best wishes,