"So proud of our health service"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Gastroenterology

I was admitted In Ocotober 2015 surgery by Mr Paras Jethwa. During my stay I have a number of complications during surgery.

After surgery I was admitted into the high dependency unit where I stayed 2 days.

Following an improvement in my condition and following tests and observations I was then moved to Woodland ward where I continued to improve over the next 48 hours or so where I was discharged.

I would like to put on record how wonderful all of the staff where in the Hospital from my surgeon to ward sisters to tea ladies and gents. I even enjoyed the soup provided, which was the only grub I was allowed bar ice cream, jelly and yoghurt.

I felt so proud of our health service that I was slightly emotional upon leaving.

I very rarely write personal letters of this nature so I would like you to take this one in context.

Thank you all so much and I would be grateful if all Doctors, Consultants, Nurses and staff are made aware of this little message.

Yours gratefully

Response from Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Geordiecolin

Thank you for your feedback. It really matters to us that you found the care we provided to you something to be proud of receiving. We have such a hard working team of professionals in the hospital who come to work with the passion to deliver high quality care, no matter what the hurdles are. I thank you for your recognition of this and I will feed back to the teams you have mentioned.

Branita Mills

Matron, Surgery

• Geordiecolin thinks this response is helpful

Response from Barbara Bray, Chief of Surgery, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Thanks very much for your feedback. I hope you have made/will make a full recovery.

• Geordiecolin thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Geordiecolin (the patient)

Thank you for your reply. I recognize all of the attributes that you have described in your team in abundance. I take with me my surgical flatulence as a reminder of of my experience with your team :)