"Attendance at A & E 22nd October, 2015"

About: Airedale General Hospital

At about 7.30am on Thursday 22nd October, 2015 my 92yrs old mother was taken to your hospital by Ambulance following a fall in her home that morning. I attended the A & E dept at about 10am that day. When I arrived

I was taken from reception by a helpful member of staff through to the examination/treatment cubicle where my mother was being attended to. She was having a deep gash to her forearm. The nurses were polite, efficient, and caring, and treated my mother with great respect. Throughout the morning I was impressed by the willingness, courtesy, and kindness shown by ALL staff we came into contact with. An excellent experience and one which all can be proud off.

Response from Airedale General Hospital

Thank you very much Michael Brindle for your wonderful feedback regarding the care your mother received by all staff in the Emergency Department at Airedale General Hospital.

It is always nice to receive comments of appreciation which, amidst the constant pressures in the NHS, are a real boost to staff morale and I shall copy your comments to those who were involved in your care.