"AVOID SEXUAL HEALTH CLINIC AT ALL COSTS"
About: Homerton University Hospital Homerton University Hospital London E9 6SR
Posted by Anonymous
Please avoid the Homerton sexual health clinic at all costs. Some of the things that happened to me: - I was told by mistake that i am HIV+ and then was told "oh our filing system must be wrong then" [!!] - I did a test for a particular infection and it came negative. My symptoms however continued and i happened to be on a journey to Germany three days later, where the doctor checked me and immediately saw something different, so i did the same test and the test came positive. Then i received treatment in Germany.
- Some of the Homerton test results were 5 days late than the time i was initially told they'd come back and the people at the clinic could not tell me what is happening with the ones missing, if they are still coming or not.
- the people booking appointments were rather inappropriate with regards to sexual orientation questions. They made me feel quite uncomfortable.
- a referral appointment was made for a month later, as i had some remaining symptoms. i called to double-check my appointment three days before the day it was going to be and it was confirmed it was indeed booked. less than 24 hours before, i received a phonecall saying that my appointment was cancelled [!!] without mentioning any reason/explanation/excuse. i was shocked as you can imagine.
- the people on the appointments desk changed my name from phil to neil, leaving messages on my answerphone that i wasnt sure if they were for me.
- someone responded to a previous review i posted, saying that they understand and can help me, but when i tried to get hold of them it was really difficult.
There are many sexual health centers in London, please pick another one, even if Hackney is close to your house, it is really not worth the hassle you'll get afterwards.