"A wounded animal would have been treated better!!!"

About: West Suffolk Hospital

Admitted by ambulance with an on going condition that I have been treated for since August.. I was in so much pain I was delirious I arrived at 5 and was left to cry and roll in pain in a bay for 4 hours before my consultants team arrived and administered effective pain relief. A sick animal would not suffer this much,I am still traumatised by this and the pain

I am still receiving treatment and will need another operation but I am terrified this standard of care is now the normal for this hospital.

The nurse who received me in a and e had only just walked into the hospital as an agency staff and knew nothing about the department including how to use a digital thermometer or the blood pressure machine. They also tried to administer a drug that had been given to me in the ambulance. My wife stopped them from giving it to me..I had 4 different people popping in to my bay not one of them told me I would be OK .or what the plan was to make me better The curtains were left open for everyone to see my sobbing with pain and rolling around like a man possessed. This was not my finest hour and I felt terrified and out of control I thought I was going to die. I had no dignity and nobody respected me.

4 members of staff walked into my leg( area causing the pain) . I was told I would go home once pain under control and a porter then took me to a ward! My wife and I are still shocked by this experience and hope nobody we know ever has cause to be admitted to this department.

Response from West Suffolk Hospital

We are very concerned to read your review and would ask that you urgently contact our Patient and Advice Liaison Service on 01284 712555 or pals@wsh.nhs.uk so we can discuss it further with you.