"Not happy!"

About: Heartlands Hospital

I went into A+E with pain in my right side where my appendix was removed the previous year. I was then called through to have an assessment by a nurse to check my blood pressure, do a urine sample and asked if i wanted any paracetemol and i said yes. I went to do a urine sample and came out and the nurse was nowhere to be seen and I was left sitting in the corridor with my urine sample and still no paracetemol. I was waiting almost an hour before a nurse came along and took the urine sample to be tested, then I waited another hour until i finally got given some paracetemol to ease the pain i was experiencing. After all of this a nurse came over and spoke in an unfriendly way and asked me and boyftiend who was the patient so i said myself the nurse then told my boyfriend to stand and took the chair away and said " If you can see someone standing give up your chair " after waiting almost 3 hours in a corridor. Also no member of staff bothered to ask if we was okay as there was a disgusting smell flowing through the corridor. After all of this my boyfriend advised me to go home because he was not happy with the level of treatment i was recieving which was none and i was better off at home in bed sleeping off the pain.

Dear Anonymous

I am sorry to read that you are unhappy and would very much like to look into your experience in more detail.

Can I please ask you to contact me, or any member of the patient services team who will be happy to raise your concern appropriately.

You can either call on 0121 424 0808 or by email to: patientservices@heartofengland.nhs.uk

Can I please ask you to detail in your call or email that you are responding following an NHS Choices/Patient Opinion post.

Thank you for providing your comments, patient feedback is very important to us. We look forward to hearing from you.

Marie Helebert

Response from Heartlands Hospital

Dear Anonymous thank you for your post regarding your recent experience at Heartlands Hospital Accident and Emergency Department.

Marie Helebert