"Maternity Services"

About: Lister Hospital

I had a baby in the maternity ward in June.

Before the birth the treatment I received in the Bancroft Clinic was fantastic.

Staff were all helpful and I was able to make and amend appointments easily.

I rarely had to wait an unreasonable amount of time over the allocated appointment time.

I had an emergency C-section delivery and was very happy again with the staff and operation.

The facilities were good and the staff were calm and very reassuring in what was a scary situation.

I then recovered in Gloucester Ward for 5 days.

Once again the staff were all fantastic.

The midwives are so very busy but they were all patient with my silly questions and reassuring when necessary.

My son ended up in special care where once again the staff were all brilliant.

We felt we understood everything that was happening and medical things were explained in language we could follow.

We had nearly all decisions explained thoroughly and where we had a choice the options were made clear.

I have felt compelled to get round to writing this review as I imagine staff at hospitals hear a lot of complaints and not enough thankyous.

Without hesitation I would recommend Lister hospital maternity department to anyone due to have a baby.

Response from Lister Hospital

Thanks so much for the feedback, which we have just shared with our maternity and neonatal colleagues.

It sounds like you had a pretty difficult time following the birth of your baby last June, but the combined efforts of our staff helped make it a positive experience.

Many thanks again for sharing your thoughts - we know that our colleagues will be so pleased to read them.

In the meantime, may we wish you and your (now slightly bigger) family the very best for the future.