"Transfering my mother to another Hospital"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Neurology Royal Derby Hospital / Respiratory medicine

My mother has been in QMC for several weeks on the neurology ward D10.

Well I went to visit her today, only to find she had been transfered to Derby Royal on Saturday, but nobody had bothered to inform me of this until I actually got there today.

My mother and I live a distance away, so to save money on bus fares, I've been cycling to and from the hospital after work which is 6 miles each way. No, its not that far, but when your tired from being at work all day the last thing I need is to have to travel for nothing.

Also, as I was leaving the ward I spied my mothers bag with her things in it still there, even when she is not. Well apparently, it's going to make its way to her when someone goes to the hospital in Derby. We shall see!

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

I’m concerned to read your post. If you’d like to discuss your concerns further, you can contact me by email at laura.griffiths@nuh.nhs.uk or call on 0115 9249924 ext. 76395.

Kind regards,

Laura Griffiths

Interim Divisional Nurse, Surgery

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Good morning

Thank you for your comments.

It appears that your concerns relate to Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust. We would be happy to pass your comments on to our colleagues at Queens Medical Centre.

Please call us on our freephone number 0800 783 7691 to confirm if you are happy for us to do this.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust