"Notification of flu shot clinics"

About: Avenue Medical Practice

I am disappointed to find that once again we have missed the flu short clinics. My 94 year old mother just called up and found out she had missed all 3 that were held in October, so has now made an appointment to get one, which, as I am the one who takes her there in the car, is not very convenient for me and what I had planned for tomorrow afternoon. Why can't you send out e-mails advising the on-line patients of clinic dates at the end of September?

Response from Anita Anderson, Practice Manager, The Avenue Medical Practice, NHS Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group

Dear Gailsmail,

We are really sorry to hear that you missed the flu clinics and that your mother had to book an appointment with us. I hope that she has now had her flu jab without any problems.

We absolutely take on board your comments regarding electronic notifications and in future we will endeavour to address the way in which we notify patients about flu clinics.

Thank you for your comments and feedback, it is very important to us.

• gailsmail thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by gailsmail (a relative)

Thank you Ainta for your response. I am glad you are considering notifying patients by e-mail. Mum and I eventually got our shots in Tesco while grocery shopping so all is well in the end.