"Totally unacceptable care."

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

Following a planned procedure at Medway Hispitals Colorectal Dept that was booked but never carried out I phoned the Dept on Mon 12 October.

The member of staff I spoke to promised to get back to me that day to explain when my procedure would be re booked - no phone call received and it's now Saturday 17 October.

I received a generic email from Medway Hospital on Friday 16 October in response to my previous feedback. It asked me to contact the PALS Depts, which I did. I left a message but still no one returned my call. Need-less-to-say my GP is not happy with the service I have received and has now written to complain on my behalf. Medway Hospital is not fit for purpose and I would not recommend it under any circumstance. From my experience they pay lip service to patient care, and do not act in a timely fashion.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

We are sorry to hear that the care you experienced was not of the standard you would expect. Due to your comment being anonymous we are unable to look into your concerns in more detail. Please can you contact our PALS Team so that we can look into your concerns. You can contact the PALS team between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, by phone on 01634 825004 or 01634 830000 x5793 or by email at Pals@medway.nhs.uk