"Me, my anxiety and OCD."

About: Bromley Healthcare / Working for wellbeing (IAPT)

After my wife had been put into remission and looking after her and my two young boys I started to go down hill, developing a short temper, Anxiety and OCD, but not really knowing I had for a long time.

Eventually I saw I was not being the same person that I was and eventually plucked up the courage, with the help of my wife (love Her), I went to Balloter surgery where my Dr is based, who was brilliant and understanding, he put me on the waiting list for The Well Being clinic, which was not a long waiting list at all.

I got my Date for my first session, which pushed my Anxiety through the roof, I managed to get there with the help of my wife: -)

And there I Met Sarah, who has got to be the best councillor I could have asked for, I remember saying in our first meeting "All I want to be is back to how I was before this had happened" And this is exactly what she has done, she listened when she needed to listen and spoke when I didn't like to talk, she worked out from a very early session I was a technical type of person a took the sessions that way which made it easier for me.

I cannot recommend Bromley Working for Wellbeing any higher than I already have.

I'm sure the rest of the team are just a brilliant as Sarah, but for me she was the perfect councillor.... Thank you Sarah: -)

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Nursing, Quality Team, Bromley Healthcare

Thank you for your posting and I am so pleased that you have developed strategies to cope and that Sarah was there to support you.

I am sure Sarah was fantastic but the work that you have done yourself is also to be praised.

I hope your wife continues with her remission and you can begin living again as a family.

Well done and I will ensure that Sarah sees your posting.