"So disorganised."

About: Witney Community Hospital

We got to minor injuries at 5.45 pm on a Friday evening as my soon had hurt his finger in a skateboard accident..we sat and waited until 7.50 pm to be told that X-ray shut hours ago come back tomorrow. And they strapped his finger which took 5 mins . If I knew there was no chance of an X-ray I would not of sat for over 2 hours .. Everything seemed so long winded ..

Response from Mandy Mckendry, Patient Experience and involvement lead, Community, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

I do hope your sons finger is getting better and thank you for taking the time to feedback your experiences particulalry in regards to the Xray. I can appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you. I will ensure your expereinces are shared with the team so that they can look at ways of improving the communication. Mandy

Response from John Daniels, Modern Matron & Clinical Development Lead for Urgent Care, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience, we should have let you know that a same day X-Ray would not have been achievable. I'm very sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion and I will pass your very valid comments onto the Witney team to see if there is anything we can do to improve communications.

The Minor Injury unit in Witney is open from 10am until 10pm 7 days a week and X-Ray facilities are available until 6.30pm daily. Outside X-Ray opening hours it is normal practice for our practitioners to assess injuries, offer advice and provide initial management of the injury before inviting patients to return the following day if images are required. Should immediate X-Ray be required then we can arrange this via the Emergency Department in Oxford although most patients prefer to return to our community facilities whenever possible.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback, it is very much appreciated. John

Response from Witney Community Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about the slow service you received regarding your sons injured finger and the lack of communication around what time the x-ray department closes. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and welcome you contacting our PALS team so we can look into your concerns in more detail. Tel:- 0800 328 7971 or email:- PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk