"Fantastic treatment"

About: Princess Royal University Hospital (Orpington)

I was admitted with chest pains and was quickly given an ECG and had bloods taken. After the results were reviewed by the consultant I was scheduled for an Angiogram.

They then discussed the findings and recommended Stents to be inserted at Kings. This was successfully carried out the next day . I was told that one artery was 99% occluded and another 85%. I was discharged the following afternoon.

The professionalism and expertise of both consultants was outstanding. I am certain they saved my life.

The nursing staff on CCU and Medical 8 cannot be faulted .From the time I arrived on the unit until I was discharged, the nursing staff were organised, professional and caring. Nothing was too much trouble for them . I would like to make special mention of a particular member of staff who kept me informed throughout , the nurses who nursed me post Angiogram, and the person who looked after me in the Cath Lab. All of these nurses and their colleagues are a credit to the Health Service and the Trust.

Response from Princess Royal University Hospital

I am sorry that it has taken me some time to respond to your very positive story about your care both on our Princess Royal and Denmark Hill sites. I am very pleased that the cardiology team were able to insert the stents to avoid you having open heart surgery. I hope you have made a quick recovery.