"The coffee was ok in the cafe"

About: Bishop Auckland Hospital

The coffee was ok in the cafe

The two receptionists I dalt with were rude, didn't listen and I was even told .

Although there were many auxilliary nurses, not one of them asked if I need any help with my wheelchair. Three of them giggled as I struggled to get through a door.

On leaving the doctors room I was upset, and tried to compose myself, I was abruptly told I would have to move as I was blocking the corridoor

On going to make an appointment I was abruptly told to wait, and the receptionist carried on her conversation about a holiday.

I asked if there was anywahere more accesibl for someone in a wheelchair, and was told I would have to put up with as it was good enough fo reveryone else.

Have these people never heard of the disability discrimination act, and making reasonable adjustments. There is no where for either short people or wheelchair users to be able to be see over the counter

Response from Bishop Auckland Hospital

I am extremely sorry to hear that your experience at Bishop Auckland Hospital was not a positive one. I will forward on your comments to the appropriate manager for attention. However, I would also like to encourage you to contact the Trust's patient advice and liaison service on 01388 45 5831 to discuss your experience in more detail.